About Us

F W Frost Engineers Ltd was established in 1947 by Mr Fred Frost and first started trading from within premises in Magdalen St, Norwich, then moving to larger premises nearby in Oak St. The company soon developed a reputation for producing high quality work.

As its customer base developed, larger premises were sought and the company relocated to its current premises in the village of Drayton, Norwich in 1972.

Being a family owned business, Fred's son, Mr John Frost worked within the company after gaining his mechanical engineering degree. When his father retired in 1976 he took the role of Managing director.

John Frost continued to take the company forward with more investment & his son Robert Frost joined the company in 1993 after gaining his engineering Degree.

Robert Frost has now been managing director since 2003 with his father as Chairman.

In 2009 and 2010 three members of staff retired with a combined service of 149 years - an amazing achievement!

The company maintains its level of engineering expertise with all shop floor employees completing apprenticeships. F W Frost is currently actively involved with the Group Training Association to improve the provision of engineering skills & training in the Norfolk area.

Recent years have seen considerable investment in equipment to improve our manufacturing processes & early development of the site included a new 11200sq Ft Machine Shop to complement the existing 12000sq Ft Fabrication shop.

With our loyal and skilled workforce we continue to develop in many directions, striving to provide excellent product quality along with high standards of customer care at an affordable price.